Cracker Barrel

Who says you can't find good food on the road? Travelers post their best food stops along I-95 here.

Cracker Barrel

Postby patricksnipes » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:05 am

Several times a year I travel up to Arlington, VA to visit family. Whenever I come up (I live in NC), I always stop at the Cracker Barrel at exit 126 at Fredericksburg, VA. Their food and service is wonderful and I cannot be more than happy. This certain Cracker Barrel is always a stop going up north. Whether if its for breakfast/lunch or looking around, its a great place to stop at and "stretch your legs".
patricksnipes

Cracker Barrel

Postby Shellron » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:51 pm

I agree this is a good exit to stop at. I've eaten at this Cracker Barrel once many years ago. It can get busy with a wait at times.
We have found over the years since Cracker Barrels opened up along I95, that this chain always gives us a very good dining experience whenever and wherever we stop.
I can also recommend the Cracker Barrel at exit 49 in NC at Fayetteville. My kids rated their sweet tea as the best they've ever had. The food is always hearty and filling too. We also had a good experience at the Cracker Barrel along I95 in Savannah, GA

An added perk is a generally clean bathroom when compared to any service station along I95. Shellron 8)
Shellron

Postby HalifaxTraveler » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:06 am

Anyone have any feedback on Cracker Barrels in Maine or New Hampshire??
HalifaxTraveler

Postby zagfan1 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:56 am

My friends and I stopped into one on the way back from the NCAA Madness tourney last year and I was impressed with the portion sizes. Grits aren't popular in my part of Canada, so it was a nice treat to see those on the side of my breakfast special.
zagfan1

Re: Cracker Barrel

Postby New Yorker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:45 pm

RAAAAALPHHHHH I will never eat at another Cracker Barrel again. Especially the one in Ashland VA. The Chicken and Dumping was horrible, lots of dumpings no chicken my wife got so sick, she barely made it out the door before she spilled her guts. NEVER AGAIN
New Yorker

Postby ryobi88 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

We also stop at the Cracker Barrel at exit 49 [NC] every year on our way to Hilton Head never had a problem with anything will be there in mid August woo hoo
ryobi88

Postby DuaneM » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 am

I am beginning to see alot more Cracker Barrels opening up in regular towns and cities nowhere near the interstate. One is being built near me and I am an hour from I-95. Call me crazy, but I don't like it because it has always been a tradition to hit Cracker Barrel while traveling because along the interstate was the only place to find it. Won't be so special anymore.
DuaneM

Postby roadster » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 am

I feel the food quality has changed in the past few years. Don't get me wrong it's still a clean and friendly place to eat and walk around there store, but the food has changed I think from the economy there trying to deliver the best food and keep the cost's down for there customer's.
roadster

Return to Road Food