24 hour gas stops from NJ to Florida?

Travelers post their comments and questions about gas and fuel stops along I-95 here.

24 hour gas stops from NJ to Florida?

Postby Andrew » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 am

I am leaving in 5 days and can't wait for the I-95 guide to arrive. Does anyone have a list of 24 hour gas stations and their exits between Northern New Jersey and Orlando?
Andrew

Gas Stations

Postby Shellron » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi Andrew,

We are leaving the same day as you from the Lehigh Valley in eastern PA at about 4:00 PM. Another user has recommended the Flying J stations as good stopping places. My first gas stop will be at the Flying J at exit 104 off 95 in Virginia. Gas prices listed there are 2.07 a gallon right now - cheaper than Fredericksburg exit 130 where we usually stop.
My next gas stop will be in South Carolina at exit 181A at the Flying J. Gas price is 2.12 a gallon currently. Final stop before Florida will be at Brunswick, GA at exit 29 Flying J (2.15/gal). My daughter says the Exxon on Disney property has been consistently underpricing everyone else in the area. Hard to believe that Disney would do this. I will gas up at Disney if that is the case. Enjoy the trip. Ron 8)
Shellron

Postby lou » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:02 pm

Fill up a full tank in jersey since we host the cheapest gas in America (most of the time). Stops for gas to avoid IF POSSIBLE is anywhere between Philadelphia and Fredericksburg. South of Fredricksburg to the NC line, you shuold be able to find cheap gas and given that it is I-95, many stations are open 24 hours. Avoid NC to fill up. SC & GA are good to stop but on your way to FL, do not stop for gas in FL, its very high. Do fill up a full tank in FL when returning back to north jersey but be sure to know where to stop again as listed above.

If you have a credit card and are paying for gas that way, dont go inside and pay, pay at the pump by doing the following (its easy):

1. Swipe the card first

2. Choose the grade of gas

3. Pump (theres a click on so it holds the pump while filling the gas and stops on its own when its full)

4. Receive your receipt at the pump

5. Be sure the gas pump is then set back to default setting. Usually that happens when you put the pump back.

We need self serve in NJ but thats another topic 8)
lou

One Question

Postby SkyDude » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:49 pm

Why would you want to spend 24 hours at a gas station?
SkyDude

Re: 24 hour gas stops from NJ to Florida?

Postby bostonboy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Andrew wrote:I am leaving in 5 days and can't wait for the I-95 guide to arrive. Does anyone have a list of 24 hour gas stations and their exits between Northern New Jersey and Orlando?

Thought this was worth bringing to the top again.

I-95 has 24/7/365 gas on it. Barring unforeseen shortages ... as we had in 1973 and 1979, you should have no problem finding gas on I-95 or immediately off of it.

New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland all have 24/7/365 stations on their toll sections. In states south of Maryland, still, no problem. I-95 is a main road, and there are 24-hour fuel and even food stops.

Don't sweat that facet of your travels, there's no problem with that.

The only thing -- and some New Jerseyites seem to have a problem with this -- outside of New Jersey, most gas stations are self-serve. As for myself, I'd RATHER pump my own gas. With credit cards you now pay at the pump. You pull up, swipe the card, fill up, hang up the hose, collect your receipt, and then drive off.

If people are intimidated about pumping their own gas -- you MIGHT find a problem finding full-serve stations outside of New Jersey in the wee hours of the night.
bostonboy

One thing I might add

Postby SkyDude » Sun May 20, 2007 7:39 pm

Waiting for the 1 or 2 gas attendants in a long line on the NJ YankMyCrank (TurnPike) is not my idea of fun. I usually avoid those for gas stations off the exits or at the top or bottom end of the Pike unless you're running real low. It can be a really long wait at times when a lot of travelers are out.
SkyDude

Return to Gas/Fuel Stops