Best way to get around Washington DC?

Nothing puts the damper on a roadtrip like a traffic jam. Ask questions or help your fellow travelers here.

Best way to get around Washington DC?

Postby jamesapeck » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 am

I'm going to NYC metropolitan area and want best way to get up I-95 north... in Washington DC. - Do I go I-95 straight on thru? Is it possible to go on I-95? Clearly, seems we always get mixed up with I-495, I-395, I-695, etc- and end up confused. Everyone says stay on I-95 only. Is that possible? Coming up from north Florida also way back when heading south. I'm making the trip during the 1st week in May, and need a response fast. Thanks.
jamesapeck

Re: best way to get around Washington DC

Postby bossmann » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 am

I take the NYC area to S. Florida trip quite often, and I am content w/ just sticking on I-95 for the duration. For someone who doesn't do the trip that often, the only n/b difficulty I might think is in northern Virginia heading towards DC. Just make sure you stay in the delineated lane because the different interstates do merge around there (if you want I-95, just stay in your right 2 lanes and that'll keep you near where you'll have to bear to stay on I-95). I know they have been doing some long term construction on I-695 in Maryland, so I don't know if that will sway your decision. Good luck on the drive.
bossmann

Re: Best way to get around Washington DC?

Postby marioGA » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm

We are heading to NYC mid May, so you're feedback on your experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
marioGA

Return to Construction & Traffic