Pet Friendly Hotel/Motels

Traveling with pets can be a little difficult. After all, they have special needs. Sound off here!

Pet Friendly Hotel/Motels

Postby Maggie » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:53 pm

We are traveling from Florida to Pennsylvania. What are the names of Hotel/Motel chains that are mostly pet friendly?
Maggie

Pet Friendly Hotels

Postby Nicole » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:54 pm

Unless the state outlaws it, All Red roof Inns and Motel 6's allow pets. The parent company of these hotels have set a pet freindly tone. Many Best Westerns will allow pets as well as confort inns, some Microtel inns, but you have to check first.

I have taken the drive from Philadelphia to Miami Fl with my dog and we have never had a problem finding a pet freindly place on 95!
Nicole

Pet Friendly Hotels

Postby Redhaired » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:18 am

You might try La Quinta Inns. For the most part they have a pet friendly corporate policy. You may also want to check the various Hotel Chain web sites to see what the corporate policy is regarding pets.
Redhaired

Re: Pet Friendly Hotel/Motels

Postby Robertwav1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 am

We travel to Florida from NJ a lot and found most places accept pets for a $10.00 fee. Jammeson Inn was a really inexpensive and nice place to stay that catered to animals. Nice place for them to run around also.
Robertwav1

Postby chocomom » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:27 am

We stayed at the Microtel in Wilson SC. It was the worst experience of our lives. First, the clerk was totally rude upon check in. Then, she charged me extra for my HUSBAND, not the dog, which I had already paid for. Then, she gave me a key to a room that wasn't even cleaned yet ( and it was 5PM). There is no elevator in the hotel, so you have to use the stairs. She did give me a room on the first floor after the dirty room, and then proceeded to stand in the hallway all night long and watch us every time we left the room or returned. She did that with every person who had a dog. An elderly couple was across the hall from us and they had the same experience. I definitely would not stay in this hotel again. There are other choices in the area where I can give my money.
chocomom

Postby Webmaster » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Our hotel reservation service now includes a feature that allows you to easily find pet-friendly hotels. Just visit our "Lodging" section, choose a state and click on any of the "Area Hotel Discounts" banners to find a pet-friendly hotel!
Webmaster
Site Admin

Postby reg767 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

Here is the "Dog Friendly" site showing the hotels long 95 that permit dogs (pets). Maybe that will include cats, as well.

Link: http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/trave ... 5aUS.shtml
reg767

Postby evanjones2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot for the heads up! We were about to stay here, but after reading your advice, I think we are going to try to find somewhere better.
chocomom wrote:We stayed at the Microtel in Wilson SC. It was the worst experience of our lives. First, the clerk was totally rude upon check in. Then, she charged me extra for my HUSBAND, not the dog, which I had already paid for. Then, she gave me a key to a room that wasn't even cleaned yet ( and it was 5PM). There is no elevator in the hotel, so you have to use the stairs. She did give me a room on the first floor after the dirty room, and then proceeded to stand in the hallway all night long and watch us every time we left the room or returned. She did that with every person who had a dog. An elderly couple was across the hall from us and they had the same experience. I definitely would not stay in this hotel again. There are other choices in the area where I can give my money.
Las Vegas hotel deals
evanjones2

Postby GMarcan920 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:42 pm

GMarcan920

Return to Traveling with Pets