Ramp and road closures are scheduled next week for construction at the Interstate 95 Girard Avenue Interchange along with nighttime travel restrictions at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) and Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue interchanges, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) reports.
This work is associated with contracts underway to rebuild the Girard Avenue and Cottman Avenue (Route 73) interchanges and reconstruct and widen more than three miles of I-95 adjoining those interchanges, and to improve the ramp system at the Betsy Ross Bridge/ Aramingo Avenue Interchange.
The work schedule is:
- On Sunday, August 14, through Friday, August 19, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, I-95 north and south will be reduced from three lanes to two at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) Interchange for sign construction;
- On Sunday, August 14, through Friday, August 19, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, the I-95 north off-ramp to Cottman Avenue (Route 73) will be closed for paving on the northbound side of I-95. Motorists will be detoured north on I-95 to the exit at the Academy Road Interchange, then right on Linden Avenue, and right on State Road to Cottman Avenue (Route 73); and
- On Sunday, August 14, through Friday, August 19, the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to I-95 north will be closed from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for drainage work. Motorists will be detoured north on State Road, then left on Linden Avenue, then right on the ramp to I-95 north at the Academy Road Interchange.
- On Monday, August 15, through Friday, August 19, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, intermittent northbound and/or southbound lane closures will occur on I-95 between the Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue interchanges for overhead ramp construction at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange; and
- On Monday, August 15, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, intermittent lane closures will be in place on the two-lane I-95 south collector-distributor road at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange as crews set barriers for the temporary ramp that has been constructed from I-95 south to the Betsy Ross Bridge. Intermittent 15 minute stoppages of both lanes may also occur on Monday night;
- From 11 PM Thursday, August 18, to 5:00 AM Friday, August 19, the I-95 north off-ramp at the Girard Avenue Interchange will be closed and detoured for realignment. Motorists will be detoured north on I-95 to the Allegheny Avenue exit, then right on East Westmoreland Street, right on Allegheny Avenue, and left on Aramingo Avenue to Girard Avenue.In addition, on Monday, August 15, through Friday, August 19, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, southbound Richmond Street will be closed between Lehigh Avenue and Cumberland Street, in the vicinity of the Girard Avenue Interchange, for concrete deck placement on the new northbound viaduct. Southbound Richmond Street motorists will be detoured west on Lehigh Avenue and south on Aramingo Avenue to Delaware Avenue.
On Tuesday, August 16, through Thursday, August 18, from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Girard Avenue will be closed between Fletcher and Richmond streets for erection of beams for the new northbound viaduct. Motorists will be detoured on Aramingo Avenue and Lehigh Avenue.
On Mondays, August 15, through Friday, August 26, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, weekday lane restrictions will be in place on southbound Broad Street in the vicinity of the stadium complex near Pattison Avenue for installation of Intelligent Transportation Systems wiring.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time for travel through the work zones. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!