The Florida Department of Transportation advises drivers of two road openings that may help with traffic congestion, and with commute-planning during race week.
Interstate 95 (I-95) southbound will have three lanes open, and the Bellevue Bridge will have a soft opening.
Below are the changes to the roads:
- I-95 southbound from US 92 to State Road (SR) 421 has three lanes open – this is a permanent opening
- Vehicles can head west on SR 421, to SR 415 south and either continue south into Seminole County or turn on SR 44 west to I-4.
- I-95 southbound from SR 421, to SR 44 has two lanes open with a 10-foot paved shoulder
- Vehicles can head west on SR 44 to either SR 415 or I-4.
- Bellevue Bridge will have soft openings, during which the bridge will be open to vehicle traffic, Feb 17-22 (Race Week) and March 4-13 (Bike Week)
- Bellevue Bridge grand opening will be in April 2016.
The Florida Department of Transportation reminds drivers to slow down in construction zone; the life you save may be your own.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!