I-95 motorists will encounter lane and ramp restrictions at night next week for construction at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) and Girard Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced.
The work is associated with improvements underway to rebuild the I-95 interchanges at Cottman Avenue (Route 73) and Girard Avenue, and to reconstruct and widen more than three miles of the interstate adjoining the interchanges.
The work schedule is as follows:
• On Monday, January 11, through Wednesday, January 13, I-95 south will be reduced from three lanes to one between the Girard Avenue and Interstate 676 interchanges from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for road construction.
• On Thursday, January 14, I-95 north will be reduced from three through lanes to two between the Interstate 676 and Girard Avenue interchanges from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for road construction.
• On Wednesday, January 13, through Saturday, January 16, the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to I-95 north will be closed from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for overhead construction and excavation. Motorists will be detoured north on State Road, then left on Linden Avenue, then right on the ramp to I-95 north at the Academy Road Interchange.
In addition, motorists using Aramingo Avenue at the Girard Avenue and Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue interchanges will encounter restrictions during the day and at night next week for bridge demolition and construction activities. The Aramingo Avenue work schedule is as follows:
• From 8:00 PM Thursday, January 14 to 5:00 AM Friday, January 15, intermittent lane closures will occur in both directions on Aramingo Avenue at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue interchange for overhead ramp construction.
• On Monday, January 11, through Friday, January 15, northbound and southbound Aramingo Avenue will be restricted to a single lane in each direction between York Street and Delaware Avenue from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for demolition of the overhead I-95 north viaduct. Brief stoppages also may occur on northbound Aramingo Avenue at the I-95 overpass.
Motorists should expect slow moving traffic and delays entering the work zones. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!