Travel restrictions, including the continuous closure of the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to Interstate 95 north next weekend, are scheduled on I-95 for construction at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) and Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) said today.
The operations are associated with projects under construction to improve the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) Interchange and reconstruct and widen more than a mile of I-95, and to improve the ramp system at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange.
The work schedule is:
- On Monday, September 19, through Friday, September 23, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, one northbound and one southbound lane will be closed between the Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue interchanges for demolition of an overhead ramp at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange;
- On Monday, September 19, through Friday, September 23, northbound and southbound I-95 will be reduced from three lanes to two from 8:00 PM to midnight, then from two lanes to one from 12:01 AM to 5:00 AM the following morning between the Bridge Street and Academy Road interchanges for installation of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) wiring and equipment;
- On Sunday, September 18, through Saturday, September 24, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, the I-95 north off-ramp to Cottman Avenue (Route 73) will be closed for paving on the northbound side of I-95. Motorists will be detoured north on I-95 to the exit at the Academy Road Interchange, then right on Linden Avenue, and right on State Road to Cottman Avenue (Route 73);
- On Sunday, September 18, through Thursday, September 22, the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to I-95 north will be closed from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for drainage work. Motorists will be detoured north on State Road, then left on Linden Avenue, then right on the ramp to I-95 north at the Academy Road Interchange; and
- From 8:00 PM Friday, September 23, to 5:00 AM Tuesday, September 27, the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to I-95 north will be closed to complete the installation of a new sewer line that runs under Princeton Avenue, remove the temporary sewer bypass line that was installed during construction, and reconstruct Princeton Avenue east of State Road at the base of the entrance ramp. Motorists may access I-95 north by going north on State Road, right on Bleigh Avenue, then right on Milnor Street to the on-ramp, or follow the detour north on State Road, left on Linden Avenue, then right on the ramp to I-95 north at the Academy Road Interchange.
In addition, motorists are reminded that the I-95 south exit ramp to Aramingo Avenue at the Betsy Ross Bridge Interchange in Philadelphia will close Wednesday evening, September 21, for nine months for reconstruction. I-95 south motorists normally using this off-ramp will be directed to exit at Bridge Street and follow signs to Aramingo Avenue, or they can continue traveling south on I-95 and exit at the Allegheny Avenue off-ramp, then turn left on Allegheny Avenue, left on Delaware Avenue, and left on Castor Avenue to return to Aramingo Avenue.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time for travel through the work zones. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!