The Delaware Department of Transportation’s contractor will be performing bridge inspections on I-95 during the week of August 14, pending weather.
Motorists should be aware that bridge personnel and equipment will be operating in close proximity to the travel lanes and anticipate lane shifts.
The following nighttime lane closures will take place from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. or Midnight until 5 a.m.
Otts Chapel Road (Bridge over I-95), southwest of Newark
Welsh Tract Road (Bridge over I-95) south of Newark
- Sunday, August 14: I-95 southbound alternating left and right lane closures on I-95 Newark Toll Plaza access lanes. The ramp from SR-896 and access to the toll booth will remain open at all times. Due to higher volumes of traffic on Sunday evenings, this lane closure will begin after midnight.
- Monday, August 15: Single right lane closed on I-95 northbound immediately after toll booths ending prior to Exit 1/SR-896. Access to I-95 from I-95 Newark Toll Plaza and access to Exit 1 will remain open at all times. After this inspection is complete after midnight, there will be a double left lane closure on I-95 northbound between Exit 109 and Exit 1. During this time, the E-ZPass Highway Speed Lanes will also be closed.
- Tuesday, August 16: Single right lane closed on I-95 northbound between Exit 109 and the I-95 Newark Toll Plaza. Access to the toll plaza and on-ramp from Elkton Road will remain open at all times. After this inspection is complete after midnight, there will be a double left closure on I-95 southbound between the I-95 Newark Toll Plaza and Exit 109. During this time, the E-ZPass Highway Speed Lanes will also be closed. Access from the I-95 Newark Toll Plaza will remain open at all times.
Daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
I-95 (Bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad), south of Newark
- Tuesday, August 16: Alternating right shoulder closures on I-95 northbound and southbound between Exit 1 and the I-95 Newark Toll Plaza.
- Wednesday, August 17: Right lane closed on SR 1 southbound between Exit 156 and Exit 152. After this inspection is complete; a right lane will be closed on SR 1 northbound between Exit 152 and Exit 156.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!