Travel restrictions are scheduled this week on Interstate 95 for construction at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) and Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue interchanges in Philadelphia, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) reports.
The operations are associated with projects under construction to improve the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) Interchange and reconstruct and widen more than a mile of I-95, and to improve the ramp system at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange.
- On Monday, September 12, through Friday, September 16, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, one northbound and one southbound lane on I-95 will be closed between the Bridge Street and Allegheny Avenue interchanges for demolition of an overhead ramp at the Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange;
- On Monday, September 12, through Friday, September 16, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, northbound and southbound I-95 will be reduced from three lanes to two from 8:00 PM to midnight, then from two lanes to one from 12:01 AM to 5:00 AM the following morning between the Bridge Street and Academy Road interchanges for installation of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) wiring and equipment;
- On Friday morning, September 16, traffic stoppages of up to 15 minutes will occur periodically between 12:01 AM and 5:00 AM on I-95 south at the Cottman Avenue (Route 73) Interchange for installation of overhead structures to hold ITS equipment;
- On Sunday, September 11, through Friday, September 16, the I-95 north off-ramp to Cottman Avenue (Route 73) will be closed for paving on the northbound side of I-95. Motorists will be detoured north on I-95 to the exit at the Academy Road Interchange, then right on Linden Avenue, and right on State Road to Cottman Avenue (Route 73); and
- On Sunday, September 11, through Friday, September 16, the Princeton Avenue on-ramp to I-95 north will be closed from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for overhead bridge construction. Motorists will be detoured north on State Road, then left on Linden Avenue, then right on the ramp to I-95 north at the Academy Road Interchange.
Drivers are advised to allow extra time for travel through the work zones. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!