I-95 Discussion Forums

Welcome to the I-95 Community Forums!

Please feel free to take a look around. All you need to do to start participating in our online community (posting questions, answering other posts, etc.) is to register a forum account.

It’s easy, and free to register. Just click the link below. Once you do, you’ll receive an email verifying your registration so please make sure to use a valid email address.

Can We Make it to Kingsland?  

RSS
(@swampsofjersey)

We're driving from Northeast NJ to Orlando,FL this summer and want to make Kingsland,GA for my overnight stop. We are leaving at 2:00 am and hope to arrive by 6:00pm at our hotel in Kingsland. That's 900 miles in 16 hours. Anyone try this before?

We drove to Myrtle Beach 2 years ago and kids were great on that trip in the car... so I'm hoping for a repeat of that...

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2018 5:36 pm
 Burt
(@burt)

You should be getting into DC around 6AM. Don't know exactly what time the commute gets bad. You might just get through before the horror starts.

Richmond is roughly another 1 1/2 hours from DC (7:30AM). Not sure of the traffic issues around Richmond. I would think using I-295 around you would have no problems.

Richmond to Kingsland, GA: 568 miles, approximately 8 1/2 hours of driving time.

The whole trip should only take (assuming no traffic hangups) 13 1/2 hours of driving time. Leaves you 2 1/2 hours of dinner/gas/rest stops.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2018 5:39 pm
(@swampsofjersey)

Thanks for the info.We decided to stay north of Kingsland. We are going to make our overnight stop in Savannah,GA instead. Cuts 100 miles or so off that long first day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2018 5:40 pm
(@charko)

We always stop in Savannah, on exit ( I think) 94 loads of motels.
We pick the ones that have indoor swimming pools.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2018 5:43 pm
(@njnorsky)

I've done the drive and I'm coming from NE Bergen County. Shouldn't be a problem. We've done the drive to Orlando once and several times to Hilton Head Island. We typically leave at 3 AM and and have cleared DC by around 7 AM (depending on the weather).

Drive as far as you can on that first day. In my opinion don't book a hotel room there are plenty available at the various exists in GA. You're planning on driving that day anyway so go for as long as the family can stand it.

On our Orlando trip we stopped in Brunswick, Georgia. The plan was Darien, GA but we kept going 'just a few miles more. That left us around 3 hours to get to Disney. We left Brunswick around 7 AM and by noon / 1 o'clock we had dropped off our bags, checked in and were walking up Mainstreet to Cinderella's Castle.

BTW - we drove straight home. Left Orlando at 6 AM on a Saturday and pulled into the driveway at 11:45 PM. We know we got lucky. Weather was perfect (traveling in early January) and no major traffic slowdowns along the way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2018 5:46 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register