I-95 Discussion Forums

Welcome to the I-95 Community Forums!

Please feel free to take a look around. All you need to do to start participating in our online community (posting questions, answering other posts, etc.) is to register a forum account.

It’s easy, and free to register. Just click the link below. Once you do, you’ll receive an email verifying your registration so please make sure to use a valid email address.

Lovebugs on I-95 South Florida  

RSS
(@pocantico33)

Each year in mid May we drive up I-95 from Vero Beach to Sanford, FL where we board Autotrain. Unfortunately, mid May is a time for heavy lovebug activity. After having our car covered with the things a few times  (very difficult to remove), we found that if we drive after dark - which we don't otherwise want to do- there are few or no lovebugs around. We are driving to Sanford again this Sunday May 13, at night if necessary. Can anyone now or recently on I-95 in the area mentioned above tell us if there is daytime lovebug activity at the moment? Many thanks. 

Edited: 1 week  ago
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2018 12:42 pm
(@95warrior)

As of Wednesday (May 9) they were out in force in the Orlando area.

Did you know:

"Lovebugs are most active from the mid-morning to early evening..."

Since it's about 2 hours from Vero Beach to Sanford, you could leave first thing in the morning and get there before the lovebugs come out... or leave about 9pm and get there after they have "gone to bed".

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2018 5:14 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register