Friday, March 29, 2024
HomeI-95 Theme ParksI-95 Theme ParksCanobie Lake Park - Salem, NH

Canobie Lake Park – Salem, NH

With its rich history dating back over a century, Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire has evolved into a beloved destination for families, thrill-seekers, and anyone seeking a memorable day out. Let’s discover what makes this park a must-visit attraction.

A Glimpse into Canobie Lake Park’s History

Canobie Lake Park opened August 23, 1902 as a trolley line destination for the Massachusetts Northeast Street Railway Company, and the park has opened every summer since then. Over time, its popularity soared, prompting the addition of rides and attractions. Today, Canobie Lake Park boasts a diverse array of experiences, blending nostalgia with modern thrills.

Thrilling Rides for All Ages

One of the defining features of Canobie Lake Park is its impressive selection of rides catering to all age groups and preferences. From heart-pounding roller coasters to gentle attractions for young children, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.

• Roller Coasters: Daredevils flock to rides like Untamed and Yankee Cannonball, which promise exhilarating twists, turns, and drops.
  • Family Rides: Families can bond over classics like the Canobie Express train ride or take a leisurely spin on the antique carousel.
  • Kiddie Rides: The park’s dedicated Kiddieland area offers pint-sized thrills tailored to younger visitors, ensuring smiles and laughter all around.

Immersive Entertainment

Beyond its thrilling rides, Canobie Lake Park offers a diverse lineup of entertainment options to captivate guests of all ages. Live shows, musical performances, and interactive experiences add an extra layer of excitement to the park’s vibrant atmosphere. Whether you’re marveling at a dazzling magic show or tapping your feet to live music, there’s never a dull moment at Canobie Lake Park.

Scenic Beauty and Tranquility

One of the park’s most charming features is its tranquil setting amidst the natural beauty of Canobie Lake. Visitors can stroll along tree-lined pathways, breathe in the fresh air, and admire scenic views of the lake. Picnic areas provide the perfect spot to relax and recharge amidst the serene surroundings, making Canobie Lake Park a delightful retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Dining and Refreshments

Exploring Canobie Lake Park works up quite an appetite, but fear not, as the park offers an array of dining options to satisfy every craving. From classic carnival treats like cotton candy and funnel cakes to savory delights including pizza and burgers, there’s no shortage of culinary delights to indulge in. Visitors can also find healthier options and refreshing beverages to keep them energized throughout the day.

Planning Your Visit

Before embarking on your adventure to Canobie Lake Park, it’s essential to plan ahead to make the most of your experience. Consider purchasing tickets online to save time at the entrance gates and take advantage of special discounts and promotions. Arriving early allows you to beat the crowds and maximize your time exploring all that the park has to offer.

The Details

Address
Canobie Lake Park
85 North Policy Street
Salem, New Hampshire
Telephone: 603-893-3506

Hours of Operation
Canobie Lake Park is a seasonal park open May – October
Monday: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday: 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 10:30 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am – 10:00 pm
Sunday:10:30 am – 7:00 pm
Park hours can vary. Visit their website for exact times.

Admission
Adults (12-61): $59.00
Children (5-11): $49.00
Seniors (62+): $49.00

Directions
From I-95 points north – Take I-95 south to I-495 (Massachusetts), then south on I-495 to MA213, then west on MA213 to I-93, then north on I-93 to New Hampshire, then exit 2 and follow the signs to Canobie Lake Park.
From I-95 points south – take I-95 north to I-93, then north on I-93 to New Hampshire exit 2 and follow the signs to Canobie Lake Park.

Area Lodging
Book Now! Find your perfect hotel room near Canobie Lake Park!

Canobie Lake Park In a Nutshell

With its rich history, diverse attractions, and picturesque setting, it’s no wonder why generations of visitors continue to flock to Canobie Lake Park. Whether you’re seeking adrenaline-pumping thrills or laid-back leisure, Canobie Lake Park offers an unforgettable experience for all who venture through its gates. Come discover the magic and charm of Canobie Lake Park—a true gem of New England.

The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!

On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.

Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides:  I-4 Exit GuideI-5 Exit GuideI-10 Exit GuideI-75 Exit GuideI-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

I-95 Exit Guide
I-95 Exit Guidehttps://www.i95exitguide.com
The I-95 Exit Information Guide is one of the most popular travel destinations on the Internet. This website features detailed listings for exit services all along Interstate 95, from Maine to Florida.
text

Theme Park News

Legoland New York | I-95 Exit Guide

Legoland® New York Announces Water Playground Opens Memorial Day Weekend 2023

Another year of awesome is here! Opening on March 31st for the 2023 season, LEGOLAND® New York Resort announced today that families can "splash...