Tuesday, April 16, 2024
HomeI-95 Theme ParksI-95 Theme ParksFuntown-Splashtown USA - Saco, ME

Funtown-Splashtown USA – Saco, ME

One of Maine's Most Popular Summer Destinations!

Just a few minutes off I-95 in Saco, Maine, Funtown-Splashtown USA is a popular summer destination for families, thrill-seekers, and water enthusiasts alike. With a rich history dating back to its inception in 1960, this premier theme park continues to captivate visitors with its array of exhilarating rides, thrilling attractions, and refreshing water slides. Let’s delve into the vibrant world of Funtown-Splashtown USA and discover why it remains a cherished destination for locals and tourists alike.

A Brief History of Funtown-Splashtown

Founded by Ken Cormier in 1960, Funtown USA originally began as a modest amusement park featuring a handful of rides and attractions. Over the decades, it evolved and expanded, eventually merging with Splashtown USA in 1996 to create the dynamic entertainment complex that exists today. Despite its growth and evolution, Funtown-Splashtown USA has remained committed to its core values of providing safe, family-friendly fun for all ages.

Photo Credit: Funtown-Splashtown USA

Thrilling Rides and Attractions

Funtown USA
Funtown USA boasts an impressive selection of rides designed to cater to a diverse range of tastes and preferences. From classic attractions like the Grand Prix Racers and Astrosphere to adrenaline-pumping experiences like Excalibur and Thunder Falls Log Flume, there’s no shortage of thrills to be found. Families can enjoy gentle rides together, while thrill-seekers can test their courage on the park’s more daring offerings.

Splashtown USA
For those seeking respite from the summer heat, Splashtown USA offers a refreshing oasis of water-based fun. With attractions ranging from the relaxing Lazy River to the heart-pounding Mammoth, the water park provides ample opportunities for guests to cool off and make a splash. Children can frolic in the dedicated play areas, while adults can unwind in the wave pools or brave the towering water slides.

Family-Friendly Entertainment

In addition to its impressive array of rides and attractions, Funtown-Splashtown USA also offers a variety of family-friendly entertainment options. Daily live shows and performances provide guests with opportunities to laugh, dance, and be entertained by talented performers. From captivating magic shows to interactive musical acts, there’s always something new and exciting happening at the park.

Dining and Refreshments

No visit to Funtown-Splashtown USA would be complete without indulging in some delicious dining options. The park features a diverse selection of eateries and snack stands, offering everything from classic carnival fare like cotton candy and funnel cakes to savory delights like pizza and burgers. Whether you’re craving a quick snack or a leisurely meal, there’s something to satisfy every palate.

Planning Your Visit to Funtown-Splashtown

Before you head to Funtown-Splashtown, it’s essential to plan ahead to make the most of your experience. Here’s everything you need to know before you go:

Address
Funtown-Splashtown USA
Route 1, 774 Portland Road
Saco, Maine 04072
Telephone: 207-284-5139

Hours of Operation
Funtown-Splashtown is a seasonal park open May-September
Monday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
Hours vary with holiday and special events. Visit their website for specific dates.

Funtown-Splashtown Admission
Big Combo (48″ and taller): $57.00
Little Combo (38″ to under 48″): $45.00
Senior Combo (60+ any height): $45.00

Funtown USA Admission
Big Funtown (48″ and taller): $49.00
Little Funtown (38″ to under 48″): $41.00
Senior Funtown (60+ any height): $41.00

Splashtown USA Admission
Big Splashtown (48″ and taller): $46.00
Little Splashtown (38″ to under 48″): $41.00
Senior Splashtown (60+ any height): $41.00

Book Now! Find your perfect hotel room near Funtown-Splashtown!

Directions
From I-95 north or south: Take Exit 36 (Saco/Old Orchard Beach) off of Maine Turnpike/Interstate 95 onto Interstate 195 East. Take Exit 2B (US Route 1 North/Saco Portland Road) and turn right onto US Route 1 for approximately one mile.

Funtown-Splashtown in a Nutshell

Funtown-Splashtown USA is a shining example of wholesome, family-friendly entertainment. With its rich history, thrilling rides, and exciting attractions, the park continues to delight visitors of all ages with its boundless charm and excitement. Whether you’re seeking heart-pounding thrills or laid-back leisure, Funtown-Splashtown USA offers something for everyone, making it a must-visit destination for locals and tourists alike. So pack your bags, gather your loved ones, and get ready to create unforgettable memories at Maine’s premier amusement park and water park complex.

The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!

On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.

Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides:  I-4 Exit GuideI-5 Exit GuideI-10 Exit GuideI-75 Exit GuideI-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!

1 COMMENT

1. Funtown has been here at this same location since I was a little kid back in the 1960’s. It grows a little every year and it’s still a quality attraction. I’ve taken my kids here every time we visited Maine, and now they take their kids!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

I-95 Exit Guide
I-95 Exit Guidehttps://www.i95exitguide.com
The I-95 Exit Information Guide is one of the most popular travel destinations on the Internet. This website features detailed listings for exit services all along Interstate 95, from Maine to Florida.
text

Theme Park News

Legoland New York | I-95 Exit Guide

Legoland® New York Announces Water Playground Opens Memorial Day Weekend 2023

Another year of awesome is here! Opening on March 31st for the 2023 season, LEGOLAND® New York Resort announced today that families can "splash...