I-95 Slip Ramp in Fredericksburg Now Open

I-95 Traffic | I-95 Construction | Fredericksburg Virginia | I-95 Exit Guide

The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) opened the separate, free flow lane from the Interstate 95 southbound exit ramp to Carl D. Silver Parkway in Fredericksburg on Thursday, June 14.

The slip ramp is part of the $21 million project to improve safety and enhance operations at Exit 130. Work is underway to modify the on- and off-ramps at the Route 3 interchange to reduce vehicle merging and weaving that can lead to crashes, injuries and congestion.

The new lane will allow I-95 southbound traffic to directly exit the interstate and enter the Central Park shopping area without merging with traffic on Route 3 westbound.

Message boards have been posted to alert drivers to the new traffic pattern.

I-95 southbound travelers who take Exit 130B and do not exit to the slip ramp will still be able to access Central Park from Route 3 westbound with dual right turn lanes onto Carl D. Silver Parkway.

For more I-95 construction info, visit  www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.

Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit GuideI-5 Exit Guide,  I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.

I-95 Exit Guide
The I-95 Exit Information Guide is one of the most popular travel destinations on the Internet. This website features detailed listings for exit services all along Interstate 95, from Maine to Florida.