I-95 Traffic Pattern Change in Maine for Open Road Tolling Project

I-95 Traffic | I-95 Construction | Portland Maine | I-95 Exit Guide

Construction of the Open Road Tolling plaza at the Exit 44/I-295 Interchange on the Maine Turnpike in Scarborough is headed into its third phase of construction and includes a shift traffic patterns.

Work operations by construction crews began Thursday night and by early Friday morning, southbound traffic on I-295 using the interchange will be traveling through the new ORT lanes, weather permitting.

Message boards are active to notify patrons of the new traffic pattern and to alert wide loads to keep to the far right. Shifting of I-295 northbound traffic into the ORT lanes is anticipated to occur in the coming weeks.

The MTA wants the public to know that although construction of the lanes appears complete, tolls are not being collected electronically under the gantries while work is still ongoing. “While the ORT lanes look complete, we will continue to collect tolls at the current plaza location,” said public outreach manager, Erin Courtney. “Not until the entire plaza is complete will we flip the switch and begin to collect tolls under the new gantries. Motorists should continue to pay their tolls in the usual manner at the existing plaza until further notice.”

The $17.5 million project is scheduled to be complete by fall of 2019. Once complete, it will be Maine’s fourth ORT plaza that allows motorists with E-ZPass to cruise through at highway speeds while the electronic system collects tolls automatically.

For more I-95 construction and travel information, visit  www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.

Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit GuideI-5 Exit Guide,  I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.

I-95 Exit Guide
The I-95 Exit Information Guide is one of the most popular travel destinations on the Internet. This website features detailed listings for exit services all along Interstate 95, from Maine to Florida.