I-95 Discussion Forums

Welcome to the I-95 Community Forums!

Please feel free to take a look around. All you need to do to start participating in our online community (posting questions, answering other posts, etc.) is to register a forum account.

It’s easy, and free to register. Just click the link below. Once you do, you’ll receive an email verifying your registration so please make sure to use a valid email address.

Traffic on US Route 301 from Bowie to Myrtle Beach  

RSS
(@joeroadie)

Hello All,

We're doing a bike road trip from Bowie, Maryland down to Myrtle Beach Bike Week in late May. We're looking at heading down USA Route 301 south (an alternate I-95 Route around Baltimore/DC). We should be at the Bay Bridge around 7:30 - 8:00 am. Can we expect a lot of traffic and gridlock on Route 50/301 South at this time? Should we consider a different route?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2018 10:32 am
(@ccradio)

It's going to depend largely upon the day you go, but it shouldn't be a problem. When they're doing maintenance repairs on the bridge, that's the side they close for the earlier part of the day, so clearly a lot of volume isn't anticipated.

Having said that, I'm not sure why you're crossing the Bay Bridge to get to Myrtle Beach. If you're already in Bowie, you can just take US 301 south (it's probably still called Crain Highway there) and join I-95 just north of Richmond.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2018 10:34 am
(@jamesanthonygreen)

To be honest, the gridlock traffic jam mainly occurs on U.S. 50 east/301 north at the approach the Bay Bridge toll plaza. But getting back to Bowie, MD travelers, all you have to do is stay on Route 301 south and take it all the way to Bowling Green, VA and pick up VA 207 west. That route will lead you back on I-95 about 12 miles down the road.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2018 10:37 am
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register