The 27th annual Hampton Beach Seafood Festival begins this Friday and goes throughout the weekend.
Voted one of the top 100 events in North America, The Hampton Beach Seafood Festival is a giant street fair on closed-to-traffic Ocean Boulevard. It features 60 restaurants cooking an incredible array of seafood and non-seafood delicacies under a sea of tents. There is continuous entertainment on two stages, scores of crafts, displays, culinary demonstrations, lobster roll eating competition, spectacular fireworks, a sky diving demonstration, and a children’s entertainment area. Attendance has grown to an estimated 150,000 over the years.
WHEN: Weekend after Labor Day: September 9, 10, 11, 2016
- Friday – 4 PM to 9 PM
- Saturday – 10 AM to 9 PM
- Sunday – 10 AM to 6 PM
WHERE: Ocean Boulevard (Center Beach) is closed to traffic and becomes a pedestrian mall.
ADMISSIONS: $5 per Adult on Friday and $10 per Adult on Saturday and $8 Sunday. Children under 12 free of charge. No pets are allowed (per town ordinance)
FREE SHUTTLE & PARKING: Free parking and shuttle service is available at over 13 in-town satellite parking lots. The shuttle service has proved to be the fastest, safest, and most cost effective way to get to the Festival. With no cost, and less aggravation; it has become the most popular way to attend and enjoy the Festival. OR– Park at the NH State Park (near Seabrook Bridge, Rte. 1A). Parking is $15 per car with FREE TROLLEY SERVICE.
- There will be a fireworks display Saturday at 8:15 p.m.
- A skydiving demonstration will be on Sunday at 5 p.m.
- The 4th annual Lobster Roll Eating Contest will be held Saturday at 2 p.m.
- From New Hampshire and points north: I-95 south to exit 2 (NH Route 101) then NH 101 east 4 miles to Hampton Beach.
- From Massachusetts and points south: I-95 north to exit 60 (MA Route 286) then MA 286 east 3.5 miles to Route 1A north 2.5 miles to Hampton Beach.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!