Expect Delays, Multiple Work Zones for I-95 Construction Near Fredericksburg

I-95 Traffic | I-95 Construction | Fredericksburg Virginia | I-95 Exit Guide

The Virginia Department of Transportation advises travelers to expect overnight delays with multiple work zones on I-95 near Fredericksburg beginning tonight, April 16 through early Saturday, April 21.

Motorists should anticipate overnight delays and lane closures on Interstate 95 with multiple work zones scheduled near Fredericksburg this week.

The following lane closures are planned, weather permitting:

Interstate 95 Northbound

Exit 126 (Route 1/Massaponax) Spotsylvania County

• Monday, 10 p.m. ˗˗ 4 a.m.
    Expect double lane closures to begin at 10 p.m. on I-95 northbound near Exit 126/Massaponax to allow crews to take soil samples safely. Crews will be working from the Route 1 overpass to mile marker 128, which is near the Route 208/Courthouse Road overpass. All lanes will reopen by 4 a.m.

Potomac Creek Bridge (mile marker 137) Stafford County

• Monday ˗˗ Friday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 10 a.m. and Friday ˗˗ Saturday, 12 a.m. ˗˗ 7 a.m.
    A single lane will close at 9 p.m. on I-95 northbound followed by a double lane closure at 10 p.m. at the Potomac Creek bridge for a bridge rehabilitation project. All lanes will reopen at 4:30 a.m. the following morning. On Friday evening, two lanes will close at midnight and all lanes will reopen at 7 a.m. Saturday. The bridge is located at mile marker 137, just after Exit 136 (Centreport Parkway).
  • Tuesday ˗˗ Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
    Expect alternating single lane closures on I-95 northbound at the Potomac Creek bridge.

Exit 140 (Courthouse Road) Stafford County

• Tuesday ˗˗ Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
    Expect a single lane and the shoulder to be closed on I-95 northbound at Exit 140 to allow crews to work safely on the noise wall barrier. The work is connected to the Exit 140 interchange relocation and Courthouse Road widening project. The off-ramp from I-95 northbound to Courthouse Road will remain open but will be narrowed slightly. Drivers should stay alert to workers and construction equipment along the ramp’s shoulder.
  • Tuesday ˗˗ Wednesday, 10 p.m. – 4:30 a.m.
    Expect double lane closures on I-95 northbound at Exit 140. All lanes will reopen by 4:30 a.m. the following morning.

Interstate 95 Southbound

Exit 140 (Courthouse Road) Stafford County

• Wednesday ˗˗ Thursday, 10 p.m. ˗˗ 4:30 a.m.
    Expect double lane closures on I-95 southbound for the Exit 140 interchange relocation and Courthouse Road widening project. All lanes will reopen by 4:30 a.m.

Potomac Creek Bridge (mile marker 137) Stafford County

• Tuesday ˗˗ Wednesday, 7 a.m. ˗˗ 10 a.m.
    Expect alternating single lane closures on I-95 southbound at the Potomac Creek bridge for a bridge rehabilitation project.

Exit 130 (Route 3) City of Fredericksburg

• Tuesday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 10 a.m.
    A single lane on I-95 southbound near Exit 130/Route 3 will close at 9 p.m. for construction activities and will reopen at 10 a.m. the following morning. This work is connected to the I-95 Safety Improvement Project.

Exit 126 (Route 1/Massaponax) Spotsylvania County

• Monday ˗˗ Thursday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 5 a.m.
    A single lane on I-95 southbound near Exit 126/Massaponax will close at 9 p.m. to allow crews to make repairs to the bridge over Route 1 followed by a double lane closure at 10 p.m. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m.

Overhead message boards will warn travelers to stay alert for the work zones ahead and possible delays.

For more I-95 construction info, visit  www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.

Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit GuideI-5 Exit Guide,  I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.

I-95 Exit Guide
The I-95 Exit Information Guide is one of the most popular travel destinations on the Internet. This website features detailed listings for exit services all along Interstate 95, from Maine to Florida.