The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following traffic impacts associated with I-95 construction and maintenance activities scheduled for December 2019.
New Traffic Pattern
- Providence: The I-95 North off-ramp to Rte. 146 North at Exit 23, a new traffic pattern will be in place until mid-Fall, and will change when all lanes shift to the right for the last phase of construction. Final completion of the project is scheduled for Fall 2020.
- Warwick: I-95 North, over the Hopkins Hill Road Bridge, left lane shifted for construction, until December 15, 2019.
- Cranston: I-95 North, from Jefferson Boulevard to Route 10, two left lanes closed for construction, Wed. night, 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95, from Smithfield Avenue to Bacon Street, alternating lane closures for pothole repair, Sunday – Tuesday nights, 10:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Providence: I-95, from Smithfield Avenue to Branch Avenue, alternating lane closures for construction, Sunday – Thursday nights, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Providence: I-95, from Point Street. to Thurbers Avenue, lane closures possible in a moving operation for a bridge inspection, Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Warwick: I-95, at the Greenwich Avenue Bridge, shoulder closures for bridge work, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Ongoing Traffic Patterns
- Hopkinton/Richmond: I-95, from Exit 2 to Exit 3, lane shifts for bridge work through June 2020.
- Two northbound lanes will be shift to the left from the exterior to the median area
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.