New Jersey thrives during the holidays and this season, “The Garden State” is welcoming residents and tourists alike to come ice skate, eat, catch light shows and celebrate the festivities going on throughout December.
Northern New Jersey Holiday Events:
- Spectacular Christmas Light Show – Augusta
- An outdoor Christmas Village sets the scene, welcoming guests to Santa’s Workshop, complete with elves, an ice-skating rink, a s’mores station, carnival games and concession stand. Outside the village, a one-mile driving course complete with two-million lights is set to a musical holiday theme. Admission is $20 per carload. The event runs now through January 3.
- Sculpted Ice Works – Chester
- Coming from Pennsylvania’s own Sculpted Ice Works, the “cool” ice designs created are to be considered works of art. Using chain saws, chisels, torches among other tools, guests are invited to come and watch as the carvers hack away at large blocks of ice to reveal spectacular creations. Starting on December 8, 2019 from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Holiday Lights Spectacular at Turtle Back Zoo – West Orange
- Santa joins the animals at the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo this holiday season with more than 50 illuminated animal characters. Admission is free but the zoo is accepting donations of non-perishable food items, new toys, and gently used coats. There will also be different zoo-themed activities to participate in each weekend. The event goes from now through December 31.
- Christmas Festival at the Morristown Green – Morristown
- Each weekend throughout December thousands of attendees from all over Northern New Jersey visit and enjoy Santa visits and photos, holiday crafts, miniature train rides around the Green, gingerbread house & ornament making, music by local choirs and entertainers, ice sculpting demonstrations and free treats. The fun starts now thru December 23.
Central New Jersey Holiday Events:
- Christmas Spectacular on Main Street – Cranbury
- Visitors will find over 120,000 lights twinkling along a stream of houses and buildings to a series of Christmas songs during this special event that is free for spectators. Those who would like to donate to the Local Food Bank can purchase a VIP package for $20 and get to experience a little extra magic behind the scenes. The show runs every night between 6 – 9 p.m. Now thru December 31.
- Jenkinson’s Aquarium Sea of Lights Holiday Festival – Point Pleasant
- The Jersey Shore isn’t just for the warm weather. This year, the Jenkinson’s Aquarium gets into the holiday spirit with hundreds of festive lights and decorations, plus make and take crafts, games, holiday treats and much more. Tickets are $25 for admission to the aquarium and holiday fun. The event runs select nights between 6 – 9 p.m. on December 20 – 22, 27 and 28.
Southern New Jersey Holiday Events:
- Johnson’s Corner Farm – Medford
- Visitors can enjoy hayrides through a Christmas tree forest illuminated with holiday cheer, roasting s’mores and a one-of-a-kind light show over Lake Meone during this event. Over 120 Christmas trees constructed from more than 50,000 Christmas lights appear over Lake Meone, dancing along to music from sunset until 8:30 p.m. Hayride prices are $11.25 and are available now thru December 23.
- The Christmas Candlelight House Tours – Cape May
- The Christmas Candlelight House Tour invites visitors to take a self-guided tour through homes, inns, hotels and churches that are decorated for the occasion. During the tour, guests will encounter strolling carolers and musicians, along garland lined paths. Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for children. Tours run now through December 28 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Storybook Land – Egg Harbor Township
- Celebrating 60 years of family-fun, children and adults alike can gather here for the holidays as they admire the spectacular lights. A Christmas show staring everybody’s favorite Christmas characters can be seen nightly at 5 p.m., now through December 30th. Admission tickets are $28.50 at the door and children under two are free.
For more I-95 travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.