The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following I-95 road and lane closure notices effective for the week of October 29 – November 5, 2022. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
I-95 North Viaduct, Providence
- NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN: Providence: I-95 North, right after the Downtown Providence exit (Exit 37/old Exit 22), all three lanes on I-95 North, and the on-ramp from Atwells Ave., have shifted to the new bridge. Please use caution when traveling through the area and do not slow down or change lanes. All lanes go through, but those wishing to take the State Offices/Rte. 146 exit (Exit 38/old Exit 23) should stay to the right.
- Providence: I-95, at the Exit 37 (old Exit 22) interchange, various ramp closures for construction, Sunday – Thursday nights, 11:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. Follow signed detours.
- Providence: I-95, from Exit 37 (old Exit 22) to Exit 39A (old Exit 24), alternating lane closures for construction, Sun.-Thurs. nights, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- All cities: I-95, from the Mass. line to the Conn. line, various lanes closed in a moving operation for exit renumbering, Sunday – Thursday nights, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Pawtucket/Providence: I-95 North, from Branch Ave. and Rte. 122 (Main St./Lonsdale Ave.) and I-95 South, from Branch Ave. to Charles St., right shoulder closed for stormwater improvements, Thursday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!