The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following travel advisories associated with I-95 construction and maintenance operations thru June 9, 2017.
Temporary Exit Closure
- Providence: Due to a divided highway traffic pattern, motorists on I-95 South to I-195 East do not have access to Exit 2 (Gano St./India St.). Follow detour using Exit 5 (Warren Ave.) to reverse direction and use I-195 West to Exit 3 (Gano St.). This restriction will be in place through mid-June.
- Cranston/Providence: I-95 North and South, from Elmwood Ave. to Eddy St., alternating lane closures for bridge work, Sunday-Thursday nights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day.
- Providence: I-95 South, from Exit 23 (Charles St.) to Exit 20 (I-195), alternating lane closures for paving, Sunday-Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day.
- Exeter: I-95 North at the Weigh Station, right shoulder closed for maintenance work, Monday from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Exeter/West Greenwich: I-95 South, from Exit 5 (Rte. 102) to Exit 3 (Rte. 138), right shoulder closures in a moving operation for mowing, Tuesday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Providence: I-95 North at Exit 19 (I-195), I-195 East from the I-95 interchange to Exit 2 (Gano St./India St.), and I-195 West, from Exit 2 (South Main St.) to Exit 1A (Point St.), watch for construction activities behind barrier and vehicles entering and exiting, Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Exeter/Richmond: Watch for construction vehicles exiting and entering the median area along I-95 South after Exit 5 (Rte. 102) at the Tefft Hill Trail Bridge, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Spring 2017.
For more I-95 construction info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.