The Virginia Department of Transportation is making your Memorial Day weekend travel easier by suspending most highway work zones and lifting most lane closures on interstates and other major roads in Virginia from noon Friday, May 24, until noon Tuesday, May 28.
While lane closures will be lifted in most areas, motorists may encounter semi-permanent work zones that remain in place during this time.
VDOT’s helps plan around historically-congested times. Typically, periods of moderate to heavy congestion will occur:
- Between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m. on both Friday and Monday
- Saturday and Sunday midday
In addition, congestion is expected:
- I-95 south and I-64 east from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon
- I-95 north and I-64 west on Monday from around noon to late in the evening
Be cautious behind the wheel and remember that your actions impact yourself, your passengers and everyone else on the road. Do your part in making travel safer for everybody:
- If you plan to drink, have a designated driver or use a ride service
- Buckle up
- Keep your eyes on the road
- Take a break if you are drowsy
- If you are a passenger, speak up if someone is driving distracted
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide and I-75 Exit Guide.