The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports that the following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of November 7-13, 2020. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Temporary Exit and Ramp Closures
- Pawtucket: The on-ramp from Fountain St. to I-95 North is closed through mid-November. Follow signed detour via Roosevelt Avenue and Broadway.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South at Exit 30, exit closed for bridge work through mid-November. Follow signed detour using Exit 29.
New Traffic Patterns
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, at Exit 30, Effective Wednesday morning, November 4 at 6:00 a.m., motorists will follow a new traffic pattern with one lane to the left and two to the right of the split through Monday November 9 at 6:00 a.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South, from just past Exit 30 to Central Ave., all traffic now shifts to the right.
- Providence: I-95 South at Exit 19, all lanes now shift to the right for approx. 7 months.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 4, lanes have split to the left and right on both sides of I-95.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 3, traffic has shifted to the right on I-95 South and to the left on I-95 North through Spring 2021. Exit 3 is now a single exit in both directions of I-95.
- Warwick: Exit 14A (Rte. 37 East) off I-95 South, exit ramp narrowed for bridge work, through early December.
- Warwick: I-95, from the Cowesett Rd. overpass to Exit 11 and on the decks of the Centerville Rd. and Toll Gate Rd. Bridges, left and right
- Providence: I-95 North, from Rte. 6 to the Smith St. overpass, and South, from Rte. 146 to Atwells Ave., left lane closed for bridge work, Sat., 6:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, from Exit 26 to Exit 30, and I-95 South, from Exit 30 to Exit 25, alternating two lane closures for bridge work, Sunday – Thursday nights, 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., through the end of November.
- Providence: I-95 North, on Exit 22-A-B-C, alternating lane closures for a bridge inspection, Monday night, 9:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Warwick: I-95, from I-295 to Cowesett Rd. overpass, alternating lane closures for construction, Sunday – Thursday nights, 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. Frequent vehicle access in/out of work zone.
- Warwick: I-95, under Greenwich Ave., right lane closures for bridge work, Sunday – Thursday nights, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Hopkinton: I-95 South, from Exit 3 to Exit 1, right lane closed for sign work, Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, from Exit 26 to Exit 30, and I-95 South, from Exit 30 to Exit 25, alternating lane closures for bridge work, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., through the end of November.
- Richmond: I-95, from Exit 3B Southbound to Exit 3A Northbound, lanes shift and ramps narrowed at Exit 3 for construction, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!