The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports that the following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of November 7-13, 2020. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Temporary Exit and Ramp Closures
- Pawtucket: The on-ramp from Fountain St. to I-95 North is closed through mid-November. Follow signed detour via Roosevelt Avenue and Broadway.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South at Exit 30, exit closed for bridge work through mid-November. Follow signed detour using Exit 29.
New Traffic Patterns
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, at Exit 30, Effective Wednesday morning, November 4 at 6:00 a.m., motorists will follow a new traffic pattern with one lane to the left and two to the right of the split through Monday November 9 at 6:00 a.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South, from just past Exit 30 to Central Ave., all traffic now shifts to the right.
- Providence: I-95 South at Exit 19, all lanes now shift to the right for approx. 7 months.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 4, lanes have split to the left and right on both sides of I-95.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 3, traffic has shifted to the right on I-95 South and to the left on I-95 North through Spring 2021. Exit 3 is now a single exit in both directions of I-95.
- Warwick: Exit 14A (Rte. 37 East) off I-95 South, exit ramp narrowed for bridge work, through early December.
- Warwick: I-95, from the Cowesett Rd. overpass to Exit 11 and on the decks of the Centerville Rd. and Toll Gate Rd. Bridges, left and right
- Providence: I-95 North, from Rte. 6 to the Smith St. overpass, and South, from Rte. 146 to Atwells Ave., left lane closed for bridge work, Sat., 6:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, from Exit 26 to Exit 30, and I-95 South, from Exit 30 to Exit 25, alternating two lane closures for bridge work, Sunday – Thursday nights, 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., through the end of November.
- Providence: I-95 North, on Exit 22-A-B-C, alternating lane closures for a bridge inspection, Monday night, 9:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Warwick: I-95, from I-295 to Cowesett Rd. overpass, alternating lane closures for construction, Sunday – Thursday nights, 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. Frequent vehicle access in/out of work zone.
- Warwick: I-95, under Greenwich Ave., right lane closures for bridge work, Sunday – Thursday nights, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Hopkinton: I-95 South, from Exit 3 to Exit 1, right lane closed for sign work, Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, from Exit 26 to Exit 30, and I-95 South, from Exit 30 to Exit 25, alternating lane closures for bridge work, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., through the end of November.
- Richmond: I-95, from Exit 3B Southbound to Exit 3A Northbound, lanes shift and ramps narrowed at Exit 3 for construction, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.