The New Jersey Turnpike Authority reports the following construction update on the Interchange 14A Improvement Project. The following work is scheduled over the next three weeks:
- East side (entering 14A): renovation of existing Toll Utility Building continues.
- Toll Lane 5, 6 and 7 reconstruction continues.
Ramps between the Toll Plaza and the Hudson County Extension (HCE)
- Widening construction continues on the ramps to and from the westbound HCE.
- Local street level work at Garfield, Avenue C and JFK Boulevard bridges continues. This work will also be supported by Jersey City and Bayonne Police as needed.
- Work continues on a VMS Sign Structure under the Turnpike
- Bridge over Route 440, near the Newark Bay. Access is being provided from Route 440.
Avenue E / Proposed Roundabout
- New retaining wall and roadway construction on Avenue E near 53rd Street continues.
- Continue construction of new bridge deck. This work will be supported by Bayonne Police as needed.
Connector Bridge (Bridge from the Toll Plaza to Port Jersey Boulevard)
- A two-way traffic pattern has been implemented on the bridge ramp from Port Jersey Boulevard to the Toll Plaza.
- Pedestrian usage of the bridge for access to and from Port Jersey Boulevard continues to be prohibited. Please CLICK HERE for shuttle bus pamphlet.
Route 440 and Pulaski Street Intersection / Jughandle
- The southbound Route 440 Jughandle at Pulaski Street has been reduced to a single lane and a median work zone has been established in Route 440.
- New bridge pier construction will continue.
- Ramp roadway construction will continue.
Ramp Area East of Route 440
- New ramp construction continues.
- Retaining wall construction continues.
- Bridge abutment construction continues.
- During the week of 10/17/16, detours of eastbound Port Jersey Boulevard at the Turnpike access will be performed at night, 9:00PM to 4:00AM, to accommodate new bridge construction.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!