With the July 4th holiday falling on a Thursday this year, the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) anticipates heavy traffic volumes on the Bay Bridge starting Wednesday, July 3, through Sunday, July 7.
Weather permitting, the MDTA will utilize two-way traffic operations to help alleviate eastbound delays.
The MDTA offers the following travel tips for this holiday weekend:
- Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge this week include:
- Wednesday – before 9 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Thursday, 4th of July – before 6 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
- Friday – before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
- Saturday – before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- Sunday– before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Stay on US 50 to keep local roadways open for first responders and residents.
MDTA Police patrols will be on the lookout for impaired and other dangerous drivers at Maryland toll facilities. Sober drivers save lives! Visit BeLegendaryMD.com.
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!