The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following traffic impacts associated with Interstate 95 construction and maintenance projects through November 26, 2021.
- Providence: I-95 North, from Exit 21 to Exit 23, alternating lane closures for construction, Sun.-Tues. nights, 9 p.m.-6 a.m.
- Providence: Promenade St. West, from Park St. to Holden St., road closed for bridge demolition, Sun.-Tues. nights, 11 p.m.-6 a.m. Follow signed detour.
- Providence: I-95, between Exits 21 and 23, lane shifts in place.
- Providence: On Providence Place and Promenade St., close to Park St., one lane is closed for bridge construction.
- Providence: Smith St., between Park St. and Holden St., travel lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge construction.
New Traffic Patterns
- Cranston I-95 South, at Exit 14A (Rte. 37 East On-Ramp), one of the two lanes is closed.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South, from just past Exit 30 to Central Ave., all traffic now shifts to the right.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 3 (Rte. 138), lane shifts in place. Exit 3 is now a single exit in both directions of I-95.
- Cranston/Providence: I-95, just before and after the Rte. 10 overpass, alternating lane closures for construction, Sun.-Tues. nights, 9 p.m.-6 a.m. Please note: the I-95 North to Rte. 10 North and Rte. 10 South to I-95 North ramps will be closed as necessary. Follow signed detour.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, from Exit 28 to Exit 29, right lane closed for a bridge inspection, Sun. night, 9 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Pawtucket-Warwick: I-95, from I-295 in Warwick to the Mass. line, partial lane closures in a moving operation for striping, Sun.-Tues. nights, 7 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Providence: I-95, from Exit 22 to the Clifford St., two left lanes closed for construction, Sun.-Tues. nights, 9 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Providence: I-95, under Branch Ave., right lane closures for bridge work, Mon. and Tues. nights, 9 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 3, alternating lane closures for bridge work, Sun.-Tues. nights, 10 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Warwick-Providence: I-95, from I-295 in Warwick to Eddy St., partial lane closures in a moving operation for striping, Fri. and Sat. nights (Nov. 19 and 20), 7 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Cranston/Providence: I-95, just before and after the Rte. 10 overpass, alternating lane closures for bridge work, Mon. and Tues., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and Wed., 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North, at Exit 29, right shoulder closed for survey work, Tues., 9 a.m.-noon.
- Richmond: I-95, at Exit 3, shoulder closures possible for sign work, Mon. and Tues., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and Wed., 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
For more I-95 travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.