Interstate 95 motorists will encounter a single lane closure in both directions between the Naaman’s Creek Road and Chichester Avenue interchanges in Lower Chichester and Upper Chichester townships, Delaware County, on Tuesday, November 24, from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM, for barrier installation, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
Motorists are advised to use caution when traveling through the work areas because backups and slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
The barrier work is part of a project to perform high-priority repairs on 13 structures on I-95, Interstate 295 and Interstate 476 in Philadelphia, Bucks and Delaware counties. Under this contract, PennDOT’s contractor will make structural repairs to the following bridges:
- I-95 over Broad Street (Route 611), Ramp A and Terminal Avenue;
- I-95 over Terminal Avenue;
- I-95 over CSX Railroad;
- I-95 over Pattison Avenue;
- I-95 over Oregon Avenue and Shunk Street;
- I-95 over Shunk Street to Mifflin Street;
- I-95 over Mifflin Street to Christian Street; and
- Market Street over I-95, Columbus Boulevard.
- I-295 over the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Northbound) in Bristol Township;
- I-295 over the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Southbound) in Bristol Township; and
- Trenton Road over I-295 in Middletown Township.
- Blue Ball Avenue over I-95 in Upper Chichester Township; and
- I-476 Ramp over I-95, CSX & Crum Creek in Ridley Township.
Repairs to these 13 structures includes replacing rocker bearings, frozen sliding plate bearings and deck expansion joints; cleaning and painting steel beams; repairing substructure concrete; and reconstructing bearing pedestals.
In addition, the project includes the replacement of 24 high mast light poles along the I-95 corridor in Philadelphia and Delaware counties.
For more I-95 travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.