The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following travel restrictions on I-95 this week:
- Providence: I-95 North, from Exit 18 to Exit 20, and I-95 South, from Exit 19 to Exit 18, two lanes will be shifted to the left of the split, and one to the right for construction, effective Sat. morning June 30 for I-95 North and Sun. morning July 1 for I-95 South. Please note: trucks must use the right lane on I-95 North and I-95 South in this area. The right lane on I-95 North must also be used for motorists wishing to take Exit 19 to I-195 East and Exit 20 to Point St. In addition, all trucks must use the right lane to continue on I-95 North. The temporary traffic patterns will be in place through late Summer/early Fall 2018.
Ongoing Traffic Patterns
- Providence: I-95 South, from Exit 19 (Eddy St.) to Exit 18, and I-95 North, from Exit 18 (Thurbers Ave.) to Exit 20 (Point St.), lanes shifted to the right for construction through Summer 2018.
- Cranston: I-95 North and South under Rte. 10, lane closures for bridge washing, thru Wed. nights from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Cranston: I-95 North and South at the Pawtuxet River Bridge over the Pawtuxet River, lane closures for bridge washing, Thurs. night from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South, from the Mass. line to the Division St. Bridge, lane and temporary ramp closures in a moving operation for paving, thru Thurs. nights from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Expect delays.
- Providence: I-95 North and South, from Exit 20 to Exit 18, lane closures for survey work, Sun.-Thurs. nights from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Warwick: I-95 North and South, on the ramps from Rte. 2 to Service Rd., lane closures, temporary ramp and exit closures in a moving operation for milling, thru Thurs. nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Delays anticipated. Follow signed detours.
- Warwick: I-95 North and South, from the Rte. 4 underpass to Cowesett Rd., left lane closures for guardrail work, thru Thurs. nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Providence: I-95 North, from Exit 16 to Exit 18, left lane closed for maintenance, Thurs. from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- West Greenwich: I-95 North and South, from Exit 5A to Exit 5B, bridge work behind barrier and in median, Mon.-Fri. from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 construction info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide , and I-75 Exit Guide.