Heavy rain and up to 10″ of snow is forecast to begin later today for most of the northeast including including portions of the I-95 corridor.
I-95 travelers can expect heavy rain in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts while snow will fall in New Hampshire and Maine.
Winter Weather Advisory
The National Weather Service in Gray, Maine has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow… which is in effect from 7:00 PM this evening to 5:00 PM EST Wednesday. The advisory calls for snow, with accumulations up to to 6 inches of snow tonight and Wednesday. Snow will make travel difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities… and use caution while
Today (Tuesday, January 17, 2017)
- New York City: Rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain for the afternoon. Chance of rain 90%.
- Providence, RI: Cloudy with steady rain in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90%
- Boston, MA: Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. Chance of rain 50%.
- Portsmouth, NH: A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon.
- Portland, ME: Partly cloudy.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, January 18, 2017)
- New York City: Overcast. Cloudy.
- Providence, RI: Overcast. Rain and drizzle.
- Boston, MA: Cloudy. Rain is likely. Snow west of Boston. Chance of rain 80%.
- Portsmouth, NH: Cloudy with rain and snow. Chance of precip 80%.
- Portland, ME: Snow during the morning will transition to snow showers during the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%.
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.