The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following travel advisories as a result of I-95 construction and maintenance operations.
Upcoming Overnight Interstate Closures
- Pawtucket: As part of the Pine St. Bridge Replacement Project, I-95 North and South at Exit 27 is scheduled to close for the following nights from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.:
- Sun. July 22 and Wed. July 25: I-95 North ONLY
- Mon. July 23 and Thurs. July 26: I-95 South ONLY
New Lane Split on I-95 North and South in Providence
- Providence: On I-95 North and South at Exit 19, there is a lane split because of bridge construction with two lanes to the left of the split and one to the right. DO NOT CHANGE LANES – ALL LANES GO THROUGH. Trucks must use the right lane in this area. Only the right lane on I-95 North can be used for Exit 19 to I-195 East and Exit 20 to Point St.
Ongoing Traffic Patterns
- Providence: I-95 South, from Exit 19 to Exit 18, and I-95 North, from Exit 18 to Exit 20, lanes shifted to the right for construction through Summer 2018.
- Hopkinton to Warwick: I-95 North and South, including the ramps, from Exit 1 to Exit 15, expect alternating lane closures in a moving operation for striping, Sun.-Thurs. nights from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Pawtucket: I-95 North and South, from Exit 26 to Exit 28, right and center lane closures for construction, Sun.-Thurs. nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Warwick: I-95 South, from Rte. 2 to Service Rd., including the ramps, lane and temporary ramp closures for paving, Sun.-Thurs. nights from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Delays anticipated. Follow signed detours.
- West Greenwich: I-95 North and South, from Exit 5A to Exit 5B, bridge work behind barrier and in median, Mon.-Fri. from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 construction and travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.