The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) encourages motorists to prepare for their Thanksgiving holiday travels in advance to ensure a smooth trip to start the holiday season. Traveling off-peak will help minimize delays during what will be one of the busiest travel weeks of the year. Motorists are asked to protect themselves, their families and other travelers by prioritizing safety and obeying traffic laws when behind the wheel.
For those traveling I-95, the best times to travel include:
- Wednesday, November 23 – before 6:00 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m.;
- Thursday, November 24 – before 7:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m.;
- Friday, November 25 – before 7:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday, November 26 and Sunday, November 27 – before 8:00 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m.; and
- Monday, November 28 – before 6:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m.
The I-95 travel plazas – Chesapeake House in Cecil County at mile marker 97 and Maryland House in Harford County at mile marker 82 – are open 24/7 with food, fuel and electric vehicle charging stations available.
The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!