The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following travel advisories for Interstate 95 in Providence through Friday, March 3, 2023. All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
- Providence: I-95 North, after the Downtown Providence exit (Exit 37/old Exit 22), all lanes shift to the left. Use caution when traveling through the area and do not slow down or change lanes. All lanes go through. Those wishing to take the State Offices/Rte. 146 exit (Exit 38/old Exit 23) should stay to the right.
- Providence: I-95 North, at the Exit 37 (old Exit 22) interchange, various ramps closed for bridge demolition, as needed, Sunday – Thursday nights, 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Follow signed detours.
- Providence: I-95, from Exit 37 to Exit 39A, alternating lane closures for wall construction and bridge demolition, Sunday – Thursday nights, 9:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.
- Providence: Providence Place, from Harris Ave. to Park St., and Promenade St., from Park St. to Holden St., roads closed for bridge demolition, Sunday – Thursday nights, 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Follow signed detours.
- Providence: West Exchange St., from Sabin St. to Fox Place, road closed for bridge demolition, Sunday – Thursday nights, 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Follow signed detour.
- Providence: Park St. North, from Hayes St. to Smith St., road closed for wall work, Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Follow signed detour.
The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!