The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announces to motorists that the Contractor will be performing lane re-striping on I-95 Northbound, Route 896 Northbound and Southbound, and drainage work on the Route 896 Northbound to I-95 Northbound ramp next week requiring overnight lane I-95 and Route 896 lane closures, northbound EZ Pass lane closures at the toll plaza, overnight ramp closures for the Route 896 to I-95 Northbound ramp, and the long term closure of the ramp from I95 Northbound to Route 896.
Dates and Location (weather permitting):
· Sunday May 21 through Thursday May 25: Overnight Ramp Closure each night, Northbound Route 896 to Northbound I-95 (9PM to 6AM). Detour will be posted.
· Monday May 22 through the end of the Project: Long term Ramp Closure, Northbound I-95 to Route 896 (9PM through end of Project). Motorists will be directed to the Route 273 Interchange. Detour will be posted.
Route 896 LANE CLOSURES
· Tuesday May 23: Overnight Left then Right Lane Closure on SB Route 896 between Welsh Tract Road and Old Baltimore Pike (10PM to 6AM). Ramps to I-95 Northbound and Southbound from Route 896 remain open.
· Wednesday May 24: Overnight Left then Right Lane Closure on Northbound Route 896 between Old Baltimore Pike and the I-95 Interchange (10PM to 6AM). Ramp to I-95 Southbound from Northbound Route 896 will remain open. Follow detour for Northbound Route 896 to I95 Northbound ramp.
EZ PASS LANE CLOSURES (NB I-95)
· Sunday May 21: I-95 Northbound EZ Pass Lanes will be closed from (11PM to 6AM)
· Monday May 22: I-95 Northbound EZ Pass Lanes will be closed from (9PM to 6AM)
I-95 LANE CLOSURES (NB I-95)
· Sunday May 21: Overnight right lane closure, followed by multiple left lane closure on I-95 Northbound starting south of the Toll Plaza and continuing north beyond the Route 896 Interchange (9PM to 6AM)
· Monday May 22: Overnight right lane closure, followed by multiple right lane closure on I-95 Northbound starting south of the Toll Plaza and continuing north beyond the Route 896 Interchange (9PM to 6AM)
The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!