The Rhode island Department of Transportation has issued the following I-95 travel restrictions through Friday, March 16, 2018:
Upcoming New Traffic Patterns
- Providence: I-95 South, from Exit 19 (Eddy St.) to Exit 18, all lanes will be shifted to the right effective Monday, March 19. On I-95 North, from Exit 18 (Thurbers Ave.) to Exit 20 (Point St.), all lanes will be shifted to the right effective Tuesday, March 20. The temporary traffic patterns will be in place through July 2018. Please note date changes.
- West Greenwich: I-95 North and South, from Exit 5A (Rte. 102 South) to Exit 5B (Rte. 102 North), lane closures for construction, Sunday-Thursday nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following day.
- East Providence/Providence: I-195 West, from the Taunton Ave. on-ramp to the Gano St. off-ramp, lane closures for bridge work, Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Richmond/Exeter: I-95 North and South, from Exit 3 (Rte. 138) to Exit 5 (Rte. 102), right lane and shoulder closures for construction, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Johnston: I-295 North and South at Rte. 5 (Greenville Ave.) between Rte. 6 (Exit 9A and Exit 9B) and Rte. 44 (Exit 12A and 12B), right shoulder closures for construction, through Summer 2018.
All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.