The Maine Department of Transportation, the Maine Turnpike Authority, and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation are collaborating to make necessary improvements to the iconic Piscataqua River Bridge, and are jointly announcing the following extended ramp closures:
- Exit 7 – Northbound on-ramp for Market Street in Portsmouth from November 12, 2019 to May 14, 2020
- Exit 1 – Northbound off-ramp to Kittery in Maine from October 24, 2019 to October 1, 2021
- Exit 1 – Southbound on-ramp from Kittery in Maine from June 18, 2019 to October 1, 2021
As the construction work expands, the lane and shoulder restrictions on the bridge approaches leave less room for traffic to safely use these on- and off-ramps. Message boards, traffic control devices, and smart work zone devices will be used to notify the traveling public. Detour information is as follows for the Exit 7 Ramp Closure:
- Detour for Exit 7 northbound on-ramp closure: Take Exit 7 southbound on-ramp. Head south on I-95 to the Portsmouth Traffic Circle at Exit 5 to access I-95 northbound.
- Truck detour for I-95 northbound on-ramp closure at Exit 7: Head east on Market Street to Submarine Way. Take a left onto the U.S. Route 1 Bypass northbound over the Sarah Mildred Long Bridge. Follow signs to the I-95 northbound on-ramp at Exit 3.
Please remember to drive carefully on the detour routes and observe work zone speed limits. Construction is weather-dependent, so this schedule may change.
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!