While one section of I-95 in South Carolina opened earlier today, another is closing.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation has announced that I-95 is being closed in both directions for the bridges crossing the Great Pee Dee River at mile marker 175. This closure is due to increasing inundation at this location. In addition, there are still multiple segments of I-95 closed in North Carolina beginning at mile marker 13, US Route 74. Detour routes are:
- For I-95 NB Traffic in South Carolina south of I-20: I-95 NB to I-20 WB, exit 160, then I-77 NB into North Carolina
- For I-95 SB traffic in South Carolina near Dillon: Traffic will be detoured off I-95 SB at SC Route 38, exit 181
- From Georgia: I-85 NB through South Carolina is open to traffic
- From Georgia: I-95 NB to I-26 WB to I-77 NB into North Carolina
- From Florence: I-20 WB to I-77 NB into North Carolina
Continue to monitor the I-95 Exit Guide as conditions along I-95 are subject to change.
For more I-95 construction and travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.