The Rhode Island Department of Transportation reports the following road and lane closure notices, effective through August 19, 2022. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change.
I-95 North Viaduct, Providence
- Providence: I-95, at the Exit 22 interchange, various ramp closures for construction, through Thursday. Nights, 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Follow signed detour.
Providence: Smith St., between Park St. and Holden St., travel lanes are reduced to one lane in each direction for bridge construction.
New Traffic Patterns
- Cranston: I-95 South, at Exit 14A (Rte. 37 East On-Ramp), one of the two lanes is closed.
- Pawtucket: I-95 South, from just past Exit 30 to Central Ave., all traffic now shifts to the right.
- Cranston: I-95 South, under Rte. 10 overpass, left lane closed for a bridge inspection, Monday night, 9:00 p.m.-5:00 a.m.
- Cranston: I-95 South, under Rte. 10 overpass, right lane closed for a bridge inspection, Tuesday night, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Cranston: I-95 South, under Rte. 10 overpass, alternating lane closures for a bridge inspection, Wednesday night, 9:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Providence: I-95 South, at Exit 22C, ramp narrowing for brush cutting, Monday 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide and I-75 Exit Guide.