Northern Virginia road crews are preparing for the first snow of 2019. The Virginia Department of Transportation asks that drivers plan travel around impending weather and avoid unnecessary travel during the storm.
What’s Happening Now
- The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the southern and western portions of the district, and a Winter Weather Advisory for the central and northern portions.
- Crews pretreated interstates and major routes throughout Northern Virginia on Thursday and Friday.
- On Saturday afternoon, plow trucks will stage along roadways
VDOT Asks Drivers and Residents to:
- Monitor weather closely, as forecasts can improve or worsen quickly.
- Plan ahead to avoid driving during the storm and after until conditions have improved. Freezing temperatures are expected through the weekend.
- Park in driveways or on the same side of the street to allow plows room to pass
- If you absolutely must drive, know the conditions, drive for the conditions and give plows plenty of room. Ensure enough gas, wiper fluid, proper tires, medication, and an emergency car kit.
For more I-95 travel information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.