Looking to Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler—aka “let the good times roll,” without leaving Georgia? Don’t miss the K-BAY 106.3 Mardi Gras Festival on February 24-25, 2023, in coastal Kingsland, Georgia. Catch some beads at the family friendly, colorful, lively parade; then, plan to stick around for the festival in historic downtown Kingsland on U.S. 17 and William Street for food, live music and more fun. The festivities take place from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday and from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, with the Mardi Gras parade stepping off at 10 a.m. Saturday morning. Dozens of floats, vintage autos, dancers, marchers and more will commence south on U.S. 17, ending at the corner of Central and U.S. 17 in historic downtown Kingsland.
During the two-day K-BAY 106.3 Mardi Gras Festival, downtown Kingsland comes alive as the backdrop for food, entertainment, arts, crafts and more. First, the food: Booths will be serving lobster, fried seafood, barbecue, Cajun, Cuban, Italian and Latin dishes, plus fair and festival food like pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, fries and onion rings, sweets, treats and beverages. Some of the top restaurants in the area are participating, so visitors will be wowed by the variety of offerings. Save room for tastings at the Camden County Chili Cook Off from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, located at the historic Train Depot, where area chefs will compete for prizes and bragging rights.
Peruse merchandise booths and bop to the beat of the bands: More than 200 booths will feature artists and artisans, crafts, antiques and far more. Live entertainment will showcase multi-platinum, Billboard Hot Country group Lonestar (“Amazed,” “I’m Already There,” “What About Now”) along with up-and-comer Texas-born, Nashville-based songwriter George Birge. Kids’ rides, vendor booths and live music entertainment are also part of the mix.
To avoid traffic and parking issues, take the Georgia Coastal Railway’s Mardi Gras parking shuttle from the Kingsland Welcome Center located at I-95 Exit 3, then a ride on the open-air train, all for just $5 round-trip. The train departs right in front of the Kingsland Welcome Center and travels the rail line right into the historic district. The train departs right in the middle of the festival for riders to enjoy. Tickets will be sold on the website in advance, and on the days of the event as seating space allows. The parade and festival are free; tickets for food and the kids’ entertainment area are available for purchase.
If you go
Located on the southeast coast of Georgia, off I-95 just three miles from the Georgia-Florida border and 25 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida, Kingsland is a charming small town with natural beauty, Southern hospitality, delicious seafood, interesting shopping and loads of unique adventures. Make it a getaway and explore the serenity of Cumberland Island National Seashore. Head back to town and hop aboard the Georgia Coastal Railway for one of many themed train rides through the area. Next, indulge in some of the freshest seafood around and shop one-of-a-kind local treasures in a quaint historic downtown. With easy access on and off I-95, Kingsland offers many lodging options from big brand hotels to inns and RV parks. For more details on dining, attractions and accommodations, visit www.VisitKingsland.com.
K-BAY 106.3 Mardi Gras Festival in Downtown Kingsland GA
February 24-25, 2023
Family friendly event with traditional vendors, live music Friday night and Saturday featuring national recording artists Lonestar and George Birge, local entertainment, all located in beautiful downtown Kingsland.
- Admission: none
- Days/Hours Open: Fri., 6-10 p.m., Sat., 9 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Address: US-17, Kingsland, Georgia 31548
- Entertainment: 1 stage – National
- Other Activities: parade, kids’ area, demonstrations, Chili Cookoff
- Attendance: 43,000
- # of Exhibitors: More than 200
- The festival is a time of family fun, so come on and Let the Good Times Roll! The 2023 festival is organized and presented by K-BAY 106.3 and will take place in downtown Kingsland.
- Enjoy a Friday night concert followed by artisan shopping, more music, and festival food all day Saturday. The festival includes a parade and nationally recognized featured artists playing free concerts. Call K-BAY 106.3 at 912-729-6000 for vendor information and festival details. For parade applications, call the St. Marys Pirate Club at 912-467-2211 or [email protected]. For accommodation options or other event information, contact the Kingsland Welcome Center at 912-729-5999 or VisitKingsland.com.
- Follow the K-BAY 106.3 Facebook Event Page for more entertainment and festival details or visit the K-BAY Festival website at KBayMardiGras.com
- There are several activities planned during the K-BAY 106.3 Mardi Gras Festival with live music Friday and Saturday.
The I-95 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 95 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-95 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!