It’s time to come out of hibernation! The Meadowlands Liberty Convention and Visitors Bureau in North Jersey has something for everyone from families with small children, to couples doing date night, to large groups looking for a unique corporate retreat. Start planning your Meadowlands Live experience for Spring by visiting www.mlcvb.com.
- The Bergen Historical Society offers events and exhibits about the area’s history including its new March to the Vote exhibit leading up to the 100 year anniversary in 2020.
- Statue Cruises offers tickets to visit the Statue of Liberty National Monument and the Ellis Island National Immigration Museum.
- Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum of New Jersey at Teterboro Airport, founded in 1972, is dedicated to the preservation of the Garden State’s distinguished, two-century aviation and space heritage.
- New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and the Bergen County Audubon Society host free guided bird walks the first Sunday and Third Tuesday of each month. There are also free public parks throughout the region for hiking, bird watching, and some water activities.
- The Hackensack Riverkeeper is celebrating 20 years of clean water advocacy this season with special programming to complement its eco-cruises, kayaking and canoeing.
- Visitors to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament in Lyndhurst will travel through the mists of time to a forgotten age and a tale of devotion, courage and love. Its electrifying show features heroic knights on spirited horses displaying astounding athletic feats and thrilling swordplay that have become hallmarks of this unique entertainment experience. Enjoy a “hands-on” feast as the dynamic performance unfolds before you.
- At RPM Raceway in Jersey City, everyone gets the high-RPM experience. Drive go-karts that introduce you to the craft of real racing. Cut corners on tracks designed off formula speedways.
- Field Station: Dinosaurs: Travel back 90 million years in time just nine minutes from Manhattan! The park is open rain or shine on Saturdays and Sundays only from 10am to 6pm:
May 26 through June 24; also open Memorial Day, May 28.
- Liberty Science Center features the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater, the largest and most technologically advanced planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. Only four others in the world. On the third Thursday of every month, after hours, guests 21 and over are invited to explore the building and enjoy drinks, food, music, dancing, laser shows, and more.
- MetLife Stadium‘s summer line up will include Luke Bryan on Sat., June 3rd.
- The Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood is hosting performers including Alice Cooper, Pat Benatar & Nil Giraldo, and Tom Jones as well as a Tribute to Tom Petty & David Bowie.
- Meadowlands Racing and Entertainment is open for racing and dining on weekends throughout the season. Be sure to check out the Camel & Ostrich Races in June.
- Banana’s Comedy Club at the Holiday Inn in Hasbrouck Heights has a great line-up throughout the Spring season.
- The Meadowlands Exposition Center hosts events throughout the year including the upcoming New Jersey National College Fair on April 25th, The East Coast ComiCon on April 27-29 and the World Dog Expo on June 9th and 10th.
Dining and Hospitality:
- The Meadowlands cuisine offerings are as diverse as its residents with everything from delis for fast food to multi-course French, Italian and Spanish restaurants.
It also offers more than 10,000 hotel rooms at many price points just minutes from all the entertainment that The Meadowlands has to offer.
For more information about all the events happening throughout the season in the Meadowlands Liberty Region of North Jersey, visit www.meadowlandslive.com or call 877-MLCVB US.
About the Meadowlands Liberty Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Meadowlands Liberty Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the comprehensive destination-marketing channel for travel to the metropolitan New Jersey region. The MLCVB presents its unique sports, entertainment, ecological, cultural and transportation assets as an emerging primary destination as well as an alternative to New York City to attract new and extended visits. The MLCVB played crucial roles in bringing the 2014 Super Bowl to the region, and it continues to lead the public debate surrounding issues that will affect the growth of the region. For more information, please visit the MLCVB at www.mlcvb.com or call 201-939-0707.
For more I-95 travel info, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to I-95, America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida! Plus I-95 construction, real-time traffic and road news.