As the spring comes into full swing across the Commonwealth of Virginia, it’s time to plan ahead for holiday season travel. To help motorists get to their destinations without hassle, VDOT will suspend most highway work zones and lift most lane closures on interstates and other major roads in Virginia for the Easter holiday from noon Friday, April 15 until noon Tuesday, April 19.
While lane closures will be lifted in most locations, motorists may encounter semi-permanent work zones that remain in place during this time.
NORTHERN VIRGINIA HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE (HOV) SCHEDULE AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Find directional schedules for the reversible 95 and 395 express lanes, and information for the 495 Express Lanes at www.expresslanes.com.
HAMPTON ROADS HOV SCHEDULE, TUNNELS AND OTHER INFORMATION
- I-64/I-264/I-564 HOV Diamond Lanes and 64 Express Lanes – There are no HOV Restrictions or Express Lane Tolls on Sundays. The 64 Express Lanes in Norfolk may be used at no cost to motorists outside of normal operating hours. To learn more about the 64 Express Lanes, visit www.64expresslanes.org.
Do your part to make travel safer for all:
- Obey posted speed limits and give yourself time to reach your destination
- Buckle up and ensure children and car seats are secured
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you
- Use your signals for lane changes and turns
- Keep an emergency preparedness kit in case of a breakdown
- Don’t drive distracted, and speak up if someone else is doing so
For more I-95 information, visit www.i95exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to America’s Interstate Main Street. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Maine to Florida!